Saturday, June 15, 2013

4 months

 How did we get here so quickly?! 

I'm starting to realize that being a parent is one of the craziest emotional roller coasters I'll ever experience. You literally feel a thousand different emotions at one time. You want them to stay little but you can't wait to see them grow and learn. You want to go back to when they were newborn but they are so much fun at the stage they are in right now. It's the strangest feeling. 

The more he grows the more I fall in love with him. Yesterday I was sure there was no way I could love a person more but today takes the cake. Every time he does something new I could burst from excitement. I never knew that someone grabbing their feet would be such an excitement to me. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again.. Being a mommy is hard but it is the single greatest thing I've ever done in my life. Nothing could beat it. Ever. 

Now moving on from the sappy stuff. Baylor turned 4 months this past week. He started playing with his feet and reaching for things almost right then. He coos and giggles. He imitates noises. I'm ecstatic. I guess because he was so small when he was born and is still so small compared to others babies around his age I worry that he'll always be behind. To see him crossing milestones off his list gives me no greater joy. 

He went for his well visit yesterday and weighed in at 13 lbs 3 oz and 24 inches long! He is no longer in the 5th percentile for height and weight! He jumped up to 25th percentile for height and 15th for weight. This may not seem like much to anyone else but to us this is enough to make us put on our party hats and dance like fools! We are so flippin pumped! 

Here's my boy at 4 months exactly: 

I can hardly get a picture of him these days without both hands shoved in his tiny mouth. Ha! 

4 months

Likes -- watching the backyardigans, listening to mommy sing to him, going for swims with dad, playing with his feet, rolling over, playing with big cousin Ashlyn, sitting outside

Dislikes -- being woke up, riding in the car, and going shopping 

No comments:

Post a Comment