Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Mommy Must-Haves

So, three things.. 
#1 - Hi! It has been a while since I have blogged about anything involving our everyday lives. I'm so grateful to have this space that welcomes me back with open arms even when it seems that I have neglected it. 
#2 - I have learned about the awesomeness that is Polyvore. I have been seeing it for years on Pinterest but never really looked into it. So sorry if my blog becomes a Polyvore show for a minute... This is fun!!!
#3 - Baylor and I are learning all about what the toddler life is about. The "terrible twos" are no joke you guys. Days are longer and the everyday battles are bigger. Not that I don't appreciate even the hardest of stages in motherhood. I know these days are fleeting. 

That being said.. With life passing us by and with most of my time and attention going towards keeping my sanity while keeping my crazy toddler from repelling off of the walls, I am still learning to get back to me. You know, learning to take a deep breath and focus on the things that give me joy. Even if they are small things. Which brings me to today's topic: My Mommy Must-Haves.

I used to be one of those people who spent hours in front of the mirror everyday to make sure that I looked my best before I stepped out of the door for the day. I like to think that I am pretty simplistic nowadays when it comes to everyday life. It is funny how things change when you become a mama bear. I try to take the easiest route but there are still some things that I can't live without. Read on to see some of my favorites. 

1. The T-Shirt Dress - I basically need one of these for everyday of the month. The most comfortable things to wear everyday but you could also dress it up a little for a date night. 
2. Jean Shirt - My t-shirt dress and jean shirt pretty much go hand in hand. I have a pretty impressive collection of jean shirts. All worn in so much that I should actually start to replenish it. Haha! Good thing distressed jean is socially acceptable. 
3. Loreal Sublime Bronzer - Because everything is better when your skin has a little glow. 
4. Baseball cap - For your 5th day dirty hair.. Don't judge me!  
5. Michaeal Kors Watch in gold - So you can continually check to see how much longer until your husband comes home to take over baby duty, and also because this watch goes with everything.
6. Michael Kors Large Tote - I was so glad when we phased out of diaper bag stage and I could switch to something a little more versatile. I actually have this bag in a camel color. Its got lots of pockets for diapers, wipes, snacks, and a few smaller pockets to hide things like your impressive stock pile of peppermints you grab on the way out of the mexican resturant from your nosey 2-year-old. 
7. Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer - Straight up life saver. Great for covering those dark circles on busy days but also an amazing highlighter when you actually have time to sit down and do your make-up. 
8. Dasani Drops- Gotta stay hydrated! This is actually one of those things that I keep handy for Baylor. He is a thirsty guy and to avoid sticky, sugary juice I keep an empty cup that I can fill with water and put a few drops of flavor in for him. He loves these. 
9. Baby Lips lip tint - great for the days when all you have time to do is put on a bit of mascara and give your lips a little tint. Plus combats chapped lips. More bang for your buck! 

Mommy Must-Haves


So while this list looks a bit pitiful these are literally the things that I'm pretty sure I could live without but would really rather not try. 
Haha!

What are some of your mommy must-haves?



1 comment: