Wednesday, September 25, 2013

On the mend

What a crazy past few days we have had. This past Sunday Baylor was acting super grumpy and out of character. Sunday night I woke up to vomit in the bed and an explosive diaper. To save you from all the gross details lets just say it was a messy messy night. Sometime that night I had realized he hadn't had a wet diaper the whole day before so I immediately took him to the ER worried that he was dehydrated. Our first ever ER trip came a lot sooner than I had hoped. The ER nurse and doctor acted like I was crazy for bringing him in and didn't give us the time of day. They gave us a bottle of pedialyte and sent us home. We left with no answers and no piece of mind. We spent the rest of the night basically doing the poop, change, bath ritual. I woke up first thing the next morning on barely an hour of sleep and called the pediatrician. We took him in, he still hadn't had a wet diaper, hoping to get some answers. They told us he had most likely caught a bug and gave him meds for his tummy. They tried to take blood but couldn't tap into his vein. We left with instructions to give the meds around the clock and to come back the next day to check up on him again. We woke up the next day with still no wet diaper. I was so worried about him for mainly that reason. I was worried for his kidneys. Finally, we had a wet diaper! We went back to the doctor, got a better report than the day before. A few days later now he still isn't 100% but definitely on a mend. Seeing him so sick was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I felt so helpless. So, if you've been wondering where we've been. That's what's been going on. 


Thank you to everyone who prayed and sent well wishes. We are truly grateful. 

Xo 
Jerika 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I'm glad to hear he is doing better now!! That is always so scary when there are no direct answers. Big hugs! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete