Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Guest Post: A Boy and His Mom by Morgan Runkel

I had the pleasure of hitting downtown yesterday with one of my great friends to take some photographs of her and her baby boy. I have known Morgan for almost two years now and she has got to be one of the most amazing people I know. A stunning woman of God with amazing talent. Her son, Wyman, is a couple months younger than Baylor so of course we have a great kinship over the fact that we both have boys and are going through the same things with them. On top of them just being fabulous, their family is the most fashionable and cute families I have ever come to know. Their style is timeless and one of a kind. Fashion icons to us for sure! I asked Morgan to guest blog and give us a snippet of her personal everyday style. I hope you guys enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there!

My name is Morgan, I am 24 years old, married to my best friend and Momma to my sweet boy Wyman Wolf! I am a self-proclaimed laid back perfectionist. I am a lover of creativity and a student of human relationships. I am also one of three of the designers and owners at E W McCall.

At E W McCall you will find a southern aesthetic mixed with modern design and vintage details. We are a house of 3 designers who just so happen to be related. Family is a huge part of our brand. We currently love up-cycling! There is something special about taking an existing piece and re-working it to be something trendy and functional! Up-cycling is also a way we produce one of a kind pieces, which we really love to do! A huge passion of ours is thrifting for fabric! We travel all over in search of new patterns and prints as well as vintage textiles. This love of vintage textile was fostered greatly by our southern heritage. My grandmother was constantly finding boxes in the attic of great vintage knits, cottons, leathers and hand woven pieces. We incorporate these odds and ends pieces into really amazing details on clothing that is modern in fit and design. Our shop also features some of our handmade home decor and some really great vintage finds. 


My style: I don't really like to narrow myself down into a particular style because I'll try pretty much anything. However after my son was born I found it essential to my mental stability that I simplify my everyday look. He is 7 months old now and the older he gets the more I am starting to feel like myself again- finally! But in the meantime here is a peak at our everyday style.

Let us start with the staple- the jean shirt. By now, everyone has one (or 4) and a good jean shirt is a great add on to almost anything! I wear mine way more than I care to admit but it really is a no brainer. Here I wear mine over a loose fitted top paired with the ah-maz-ing invention that is the stretchy pencil skirt (mine is Old Navy).
Wyman Wolf is wearing grey leggings that feature a fair isle type print. His shirt is one of my newest designs that I am just falling in love with, black floral with contrasting stripe sleeves! His little puffer has been a piece I have found myself putting on him again and again, that thing was a great investment! I prefer for Wyman to wear neutrals with modern pops of color. Most of his closet consists of grey, black and navy. 

I live for flowey dresses. If the dress features a trendy high-low hem like this one from Asos all the better! Now that the weather is getting colder (well sort of ) I am breaking out my boots (mine are ALDO). Ankle boots are so now and make me feel cool, like I know what I'm doing. After I add my jean shirt I like to throw on a scarf. 
Wyman Wolf is wearing a pair of black Healthtex leggings, paired with a grey sweatshirt with contrasting sleeves by E W McCall. His moccs and beanie are also by E W McCall. I like simple classics with a modern twist. 

Baby boy's clothing has been so bad for so long. I just love the movement of Mama's out there who are thinking out of the box and giving their sons a style of their own.

Thanks to Jerika and Baylor for an amazing photo-shoot and the opportunity to guest blog here!  


Be sure to follow Morgan on her blog, The EW McCall Experiment, and her Instagram, @morgan_runkel.  Also be sure to follow @ewmccall on Instagram for the latest there! 

Thanks Morgan and Wyman for guest blogging and also being our friends! We love you guys! 









1 comment: