Friday, May 17, 2013

17. A picture says a thousand words

I've been terrible at this blog everyday in may challenge. All I can say is sometimes life gets in the way and there aren't enough hours in the day. I think Baylor has started the teething process and he's been a bit of a situation this past week. If you guys have any tips on how to help him cope please share!!! 

Today's prompt is an easy one. Well sort of.. 

A favorite photo of yourself and why

Right now I'm not loving any photo of myself. From recently anyways. Having a baby affected me and my body way more than I had anticipated. When I think about it though.. The decision is easy. My favorite photo of my self is this one.. 

Shane, me, and Baylor Jude 
Our first few seconds as a family of three. 


Yeah it's not a very flattering picture of my 9 months pregnant face but I feel like the picture says it all. There's nothing like the feeling you have when you meet your baby for the first time. You've worked so hard to create this little person. Dealt with all the things that happen to your body while you were growing this baby in your belly. And then you get to meet them and its the most amazing feeling in the world. It's hard to wrap your mind around how just seconds ago this baby was in your belly and you were feeling their kicks for the last time. There are no words that could justly describe how you feel in this moment. 

It's and earth shattering, life changing moment. I'm so thankful that they let us sneak our phone into the operating room so we could snap this photo and a few others. Being able to document this very moment is something that I will treasure for a lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment